Part I: Query Letter
- Write a one-page query letter pitching one of the three story ideas you presented in class.
- The letter should include a hook, a brief description & and reasons why should be considered for the assignment
- Include a promo card that can reinforce your capability as a photographer for this assignment
- Deadline: E-mail the query letter to me as a .Word document by Sunday February 21st.
Part II: The Assignment
- Shoot one of the story ideas that you have proposed.
- Bring in a contact sheet of your 12 selects which you would submit to the editor
- Bring in a disc or USB drive of low-res JPEGS from the entire shoot
- Important: Submit an estimate for the job including fees and licensing usage for one-time rights.
Reading Assignment for next week:
Dan Baum’s WordWork blog (for writers but helpful to photographers as well).