Assignment 11 – Business Plan
Compiling the materials you’ve produced over the term and following the structure outlined in class, produce a business-marketing plan for your new photography business. The plan should include important definitions including, but not limited to the following:
- Executive Summary
- Mission Statement
- Goals (Financial, Creative, Short-term, Long-Term)
- SWOT Analysis
- Marketing-Promotions-Networking Details
- Pricing Structure
This will be due in two weeks and will serve as your Final.
Business Plan Resources:
Articles of Note:
Shoot, edit and submit a 2-3 minutes multimedia presentation on your fellow photographer. Include audio, stills, music and stills. The project should be submitted on a DVD.
Storyboarding for Multimedia
Alas Media Wikispace for Multimedia tips
Royalty Free Music
Quicktime Notes from Ibarionex ( go to my public folder and to the iMovieHD Tutorial for a short review of today’s instruction. It is a zip file that you can download for viewing. )
Part I – Budgeting
- Review and adjust your monthly expenditures which you begin in class considering (rent, insurance, loans, food, etc)
- Calculate your monthly and yearly minimum income requirement plus an additional amount for launching your business.
- List your top 3 revenue streams and detail a realistic estimate of what you expect to bring in which each.
- Create a detailed list of benchmarks and deadlines for each of these three revenue streams, beginning with next week.
Part II: Multimedia
- Interview your subject using a digital audio recorder, video camera or computer (using an external mic).
- Create a shot list based on those parts of your interview that you hope to illustrate visually either with stills or video.
- Submit an outline for the for the multimedia piece detailing the the video and audio content of the piece.
Recording Good Audio Tips
Final Cut Express Tutorial – Apple
Final Cut Express Tutorial – Izzy Video
iMovie ’09 Tutorial – Apple
Part I: Budgeting
- For the next week, keep a detailed record of all your personal and photographic expenditures (food, gas, entertainment, gasoline etc).
- Itemize your regular monthly expenses (rent, phone, internet, cable, groceries, power and water, etc)
- Put together a spread sheet documenting this data
Part II: Blog
- Produce 3 more entries for your blog.
- Come prepared to discuss Google Analytics data.
Small Business Administration – Finance Start-Up
Balance Track Financial Planning Worksheets
CNN- Money 101 (Basic information on all things financial)
Guest Speaker Website: