- Part 1. Do a pre-interview with your subject to find a focus for your multimedia piece on the photographer you are profile. Take notes to define the multimedia piece, which focuses on each photographer defining “Photography is _________” for themselves, thru the filter of their own work and passion for photography.
- Part 2. Conduct a film interview using a HDSLR (5D Mark II, 7D, etc), making sure to record the best audio quality using a wired lavalier, boom mic or an external digital recorder. Light the interview in an interesting way that utilizes your abilities as a still photographer. Though this footage is not much more than a “talking head”, I want to see you demonstrate to make an interesting visual using your lighting sills.
- Part 3. Bring in a 1 minute cut from the interview, which will showcase the audio and the lighting of the interview.
- Part 4. Add a post on your blog about a photographer who is an inspiration for you. Make sure to post an update to the Facebook blog.
5D Mark II Filmmaking Resources
- Canon 5D Mark II Shooting Basics (This precedes the firmware updates, but provides some good information).
- Canon 5D Mark II Firmware Update (Info on how to do this and what changes are available).
- Planet 5D Blog (One of the best resources for everything related to record video with the 5D Mark II
Photographer Multimedia Examples
- Radcliffe Roy (pay particular attention to the shots where the subject is not talking but instead reacting. Those are great for option in the editing process. )
- Nadia Sliwka
- Maleonn (though this is a high-end professional production, pay particularly attention to the way he is lit and composed with the two set-up with him.