Welcome to the Fall 2011 session of Working Photographer II. I look forward to our collaboration during the coming weeks. This blog is one of several resources available to you. Please regularly refer to the site for updates on course assignments and the numerous resources I will make available to you. Don’t hesitate to drop me a line if you need any further clarification or have any question.
I will regularly provide you with links to articles or columns that will expand on things I’ve discussed in class. If you take the time to read them, they will provide you some valuable information that will allow you to improve your work with your web presence and social networking. Please take the time to read these. It will make the difference.
- Create a blog using Blogger, WordPress or Tumbler.
- Create a Google Analytics Account and embed the the HTML code to your blog and website (if applicable). See below for details.
- Make at at least two entries on the blog before the next class session. Make one entry about why you are a photographer and why you are so passionate about it.
- Post an entry on the Working Photographer Facebook page.
- Bring in 2 ideas for personal project which can be based on something you are doing currently or an idea that you have a desire to work on for the duration of the term. It needs to be a project in which you are capable of delivering work each week.
- Bring in sample images to illustrate the idea or concept you are pursuing.
Here are some resources that should help with respect to social networking as a marketing tool.
- 10 Blogging, Twitter and Podcasting Tips for Photographers – Scott Bourne.
- Top 100 Photographer on Twitter
- WeFollow (a great source for finding groups and categories and to track your own ranking in the twitterverse)
- Photographers and Social Networking (An excellent post by the blogger of Conscientious Extended)
Google Analytics How Tos
- Google Analytics Sign-up (You need a G-Mail account)
- Google Analytics Basic Tutorial
- How to install Google Analytics on a Blogger Account
- How to install Google Analytics on a WordPress account
- How to install Google Analytics on Tumblr
Other Blogs Worth Check out Regularly
- A Photo Editor
- En Foco ( A collective of photographers of color based in NYC)
- 500 Photographers
- Jasmine DeFoore (Photo Marketer)