Part I. Psychology Today Cover Assignment
- Come up with a concept cover for an issue of Psychology Today based on the topic of “dreams”.
- Find subject and location for shoot
- Compile and complete production docs (schedule, crew roster, estimate, shot list, equipment inventory and mock-up of photograph)
- Prepare for production presentation (DRM and PC)
- Using the editing techniques that I discussed today create an edit for this or another body of work and create a mini portfolio that can exist as printed image or a gallery selection on your website.
- On your blog, write about the process of creating an edit of these image as compared to what you have traditionally done in the past. How is this selection of images different?
- Reading Assignment: View at least 3 of these videos entitled Facing the Future.
- Write 3 multiple answer questions with the correct answer to the next class session.
Websites Mentioned in Class:
Recent articles on creativity published in Psychology Today which you can use as a launching pad for your concept cover.
- Marijuana, Sleep and Dreams
- The Politics of Dreaming
- Why Do We Dream
- Lucid Dreaming and Lucid Nightmares