I hope that everything is going well with your multimedia piece. By the next class session, you should have already produced the still and the audio, providing you enough time to edit the piece before the deadline.
For the next class session, you should bring you Mac laptop loaded with the latest version of iMovie. Rosa from Alas Media will be in class to walk you through the editing process for a piece we shot this week.
I’ll provide a online folder from which you can download the files you will be working with on Monday. I will send you a separate e-mail once that is available.
Hopefully, the editing exercise I demonstrated to you in class will help provide you some insight into how to edit, sequence and produce more images for your mid-term.
Below are some exercises that might be helpful to produce additional photographs:
- Daytime/Night Time (create a series of images the reflect how you life is different in the night time as opposed to daylight hours. Use the qualities of light to create image that help us gain an understanding of your life during these hours.
- A Child’s Eye View – Shoot from the perspective of a child or a pet. Use this unusual perspective to create a new look to the people, things or events in your life.
- Pictures from the Future – Take a series of photographs that capture what you would like your life to be in the future. Make images that would make it seem that you actually have or are experiencing the things you desire.
- Something New – Photograph something that you have never photographed before, particularly something that you thought you would never shoot and try to apply your current abilities as a photographer.
- The 15 foot Circle – Walk to a certain space and limit yourself to photograph only things within a 15 range from that point.
Due next Monday
- Bring your laptops loaded with the latest version of iMovie
- Download the files and install them on your computer. (Files to come in a separate e-mail).