Assignment #10 – Estimate and Bidding
1. Submit an estimate and cover letter for a job whose details I will be submitting to you via e-mail. Provide as detailed a break down of the job as you would approach it. Your estimate and letter will be graded based on your thoroughness and professional presentation. Utilize whatever resources available to determine the cost of production as well as your own creatives fees. I recommend that you utilize the software titles I mentioned in class, which I mentioned below. Blink Bid and FotoQuote are both available as a limited trials. Bring printed copies of your letter and estimate to class.
Software & Database
- FotoQuote Pro (available with a 20% education discount through the end of March).
- ASMP Pricing Guides
Estimate for Real Job as posted on the A Photo Editor Blogsite.
- Real World Estimate – Nature Preserve Guidebook
- Real World Estimate – Shooting an Album for a Music Label
- Real World Estimate – Food and People Shoot for Hispanic Ad Agency
- Real World Estimate – Corporate Portrait